In a follow up to our Open Data session back in August I thought I would post this as many of you were interested in the business opportunities behind open data.
The comprehensive review, which was announced in the Open Data White Paper, will improve access to data and help promote economic growth by examining the market for public sector information. The objective is to improve access to data and promote economic growth, and in particular to look at:
* The current use of public sector information within government, the private sector and by the general public
* Opportunities for innovation and developing new data services with public sector information
* Constraints on developing new services with public sector information and the role that current funding models play
* The impact on competitiveness of existing and new businesses entering the market
* An audit of current and past studies and the current use and re-use of public sector information
The review is set to report in Spring 2013.
More information is available here.